The 76-year-old man from Karnataka
A 76-year-old man from Karnataka became the primary casualty of Coronavirus in India. His sample, which had been taken before he died, confirmed that he was affected by the deadly virus, Karnataka health minister B Sriramalu said. the person who was a resident of Kalbauragi in Karnataka had recently returned from Saudi Arabia. The officials also said that the person was suffering from many other diseases including hypertension, diabetes and asthma.
So far, a complete of 74 positive cases (till Thursday) of Coronavirus are traced within the country, consistent with the info provided by the Union health ministry. A maximum of 17 positive cases are reported from the state of Kerala including the three cured patients who had returned from China’s Hubei province. Closely following Kerala, 11 cases are reported in Maharashtra and 10 cases are traced in Uttar Pradesh. 17 foreign nationals also are included within the 74 positive cases traced within the country. A Google employee in Bangalore has also been tested positive. There are reports of an Australian cricketer also getting infected by the COVID-19 virus.
Delhi government has shutdown
As a precautionary measure, the Delhi government has shut all the universities , schools and cinema within the capital . However, schools and colleges which are conducting the continued exams will remain open. a complete of 6 cases are reported within the capital thus far. The central government also suspended visas from all the countries so as to curb the spread of the virus. Barring few exceptions including the diplomatic visits and employment visas, all other visas from all the nations across the planet are suspended by the govt. the govt has also advised people against traveling overseas to assist curb the spread of the deadly virus.
An Air India flight, with 150 Indians being evacuated from Iran, are going to be reaching Jaisalmer on Friday, where they’re going to be quarantined at an Indian Army facility created, the force said.
“Individuals are going to be transferred from the airport post their initial screening to the quarantine facility. Another batch of 250 people being air evacuated from Iran on 14 March also will land and quarantined at the military facility at Jaisalmer,” Indian Army said.
“In subsequent two to 3 days, we expect more citizens to return back to India. we’ve prepared new facilities at places including Jodhpur, Jhansi, Gorakhpur, Kolkata, Jaisalmer, Chennai and Deolali where we will quarantine these people,” Army spokesperson Colonel Aman Anand said earlier within the day.
NEW DELHI: India on March 12 reported its first casualty thanks to the new coronavirus. A 76-year-old man in Karnataka’s Kalaburgi died of Coronavirus yesterday, officials said.
Meanwhile, the Union Health Ministry has said that a complete of 75 persons are now infected by the new virus while three persons are cured and discharged.
In view of rising coronavirus cases within the country, India has suspended all visas, except a couple of categories like diplomatic and employment, till April 15. the govt has also “strongly advised” Indians to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. Visa-free travel facility granted to Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) card holders is additionally kept abeyant till April 15.
All incoming travellers, including Indian nationals, coming back from or having visited China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea, France, Spain and Germany after February 15 are going to be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days, the statement said.
As the infection continued to spread its tentacles within the country, state governments and Union territories took variety of preventive measures. Kerala and Delhi have pack up schools and cinema halls to stop mass gatherings.
As preventive measures, the Jammu and Kashmir administration ordered closure of primary schools and aganwadi centres and shutting down of cinema halls across the region till 31 March, while the Karnataka government issued temporary regulation which asked all government and personal hospitals to possess flu corners for screening of suspected cases of COVID-19.
According to the regulation, no person/institution shall use print or electronic media to spread mis-information on COVID-19 without prior permission of the Department of Health & Family Welfare.If an individual is found indulging in any such activity, they’re going to be punished, it said. The Karnataka government also started a campaign called ‘Namaste over Handshake’ that encourages people to greet within the traditional Indian style, to tackle the spread of the virus.
over 119,400 confirmed cases
As the cases of the infection continued to swell with over 119,400 confirmed cases reported globally thus far out of which over 4,300 people have succumbed to the virus, India prohibited entry of any international cruise liner , crew or passenger with a travel history to coronavirus-hit countries post February 1, 2020 to its major ports till March 31.
To prevent the spread of the deadly virus, the Ministry of Shipping said it’ll allow only such international cruise ships which had intimated their call to ports by January 1, 2020.
The government said international cruise ships are going to be allowed only at ports having thermal screening facilities for passengers and crew members.
Govt has also said that a complete number of 10,57,506 passengers are screened thus far at the airport.